ページ

2010年11月25日木曜日

Dogs in Tokyo

This type of dog beauty shop is appearing all around in Tokyo, often in many nice locations. They appear very fashionable and well located in Tokyo. I’m not sure the trend in dog ownership over the years but I can guess by observation its growing and a big business here. I have seen many dog grooming shops and dog owners around Tokyo. People are putting off raising kids I could be a form of displacement activity as dogs are cheaper to take care of than children. Many times I have seen a young couple pushing a stroller only to see inside it’s a small dog wearing clothes under the stroller blanket. The neighborhood I live in is littered with plastic bottle filled with water. I was told it to prevent dogs from peeing on the corner of your house. I read in the paper that one of the first murder trials tried by a lay judge was a case of neighbors fighting over these bottles that ended in a murder. Dogs are serious business here and appear well loved friends for people living in Tokyo. Dogs seem to make up social groups in the parks near my house. It’s hared to tell how close the people are or how well they know each other but people with dogs are often chatting in groups. I notice that the groups are even subdivided often with one group with big dogs chatting together and in a separate area a group with smaller dogs will be chatting. Similar to school kid

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿